Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Guymon Trip

We made it back from our Guymon trip to visit some of Trev's family. It is always nice to visit family but the drive to Guymon is LONG! It normally takes about 8 to 9 hours so I knew it would take a long time! The drive there took us 10 1/2 hours. THe first 6 hours were a breeze. The last 4 1/2 hours I felt like we were stopping every hour and McKenzie was DONE with the car seat and wanted to eat every hour. I think it was her ploy to be held! Poor baby! Anyway, I will walk you through the rest of the trip with pics.

I was worried how Sugie would do becuase sometimes she is done with her car seat, but she was the perfect traveler. Not hardly a complaint out of her. Of course she had plenty of Dora DVDs and snacks! :)
I took this picture with my iphone while I was feeding McKenzie in the car. When we would stop Trev and Sugie would get out and play. HEre they are throwing rocks. Don't be to blown away with the beautiful panhandle scenery in the back! HA!

Sugie had fun with Grandpa and Gigi (who managed to not get her picture taken) and of course knows no stranger. She acted liked she saw all these people every day. She was a trooper even though she was super tired. Why is it when you travel with kids they are SOOO tired!
Grandpa with Sugie and Mckenzie

We made Sugie sleep in the cat bed! Just kidding! She thought it was a perfect spot!

Grandpa had balloons for all the cousins and Sugie's hair would stand straight up! THis is how my hair was when I was little.

Sugie and Aunt Laura

McKenzie catching some ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzssssssssss

Laura and McKenzie

Lane and Mckenzie

Jude checking out McKenzie.

Apparently he had to phone a friend about her!

Uncle Chad and McKenzie
Cade and McKenzie

All the cousins! Sugie is totally uncooperative for any cousin pics! :)

Playing with Cousins. Actually Sugie and Jude did more fighting that playing but what do you expect from two 2 year olds! HA! Sugie was actually being quite the brut and was pushing him around.

They did peacefully enjoy eating together though

We went to the park to feed the ducks but Sugie was more intersted in throwing rocks and playing on the playground

So, like I said Guymon is a LONG trip and we are always cramming it into a weekend! So we drove all day Friday were there on Saturday and then were driving back on Sunday. On the drive back I told Trev I just didn't think I could make it back in one day with my sanity in tack. We had gotten a later start and I knew we would not be home until 10 or later. Mckenzie is usually fussy and wants to nurse a lot in early evening so being in the car during that time period at the end of the trip I knew was probably going to be a disaster and more than my nerves could take. Trev is a driver and could probably drive 24 horus straight with naps on the side of the road so I knew convincing him to break up the trip would be hard but I did it. I used my phone and found a good deal on a hotel with a indoor pool in Oklahoma city and I was so much more relaxed.

We got to OKC about 4:30 and ran to target for swimsuits for Trev and Bailey and then headed to the hotel. Sugie was a little cautious at the pool at first but soon she picked up right where she left off.

She was jumping in the pool and splashing around!

Yipee! We are out of the car and at a swimming pool! THis trip just keeps getting better and better!

Me and McKenzie chilled at the poolside!
She was very happy to be sitting in my lap and not in her car seat!

Sugie thought the hot tub was quite exciting with all of its bubbles.
We stayed the night in OKC and headed home on Monday. It was nice to break the trip up. :)

1 comment:

Mommy's Journeys said...

And I see the frog PJs made it for the trip too! Glad you had a good time!