Tuesday, June 30, 2009

How do you like your carrots?


When you decide that you are going to make your baby's food you have to start to get creative when the other members in your family are vegatable haters. I decided that I would try some carrots with Bailey but since you can't go in the store and say can you give me 1/2 a carrot please you have to figure out what to do with the 2 pounds of carrots. Now, before you start commenting telling me how you can puree and freeze I know all that. But with a freezer packed to the gills with breastmilk that doesn't get used the last thing that I need is to stuff it full of frozen pureed vegatables that aren't going to be eaten! So, until I know she actually likes something I will have to eat the left overs myself. Shouldn't kill me and daddy should it?


So, I searched on the internet looking for recipes in which I thought that we would actually choke down some carrots. Ya, I don't really like carrots and if it isn't meat and potatos trev isn't crazy about it either. So, I found this recipe for marmalade candied carrots and the verdit is:


Mommy: Ate all of her carrots and put the rest in the fridge for further consumption


Daddy: Ate the few carrots he put on his plate but didn't give them rave reviews


Bear: She ate her carrots but still is not crazy about eating food. She still hasn't really grasped the concept of moving food down the hatch instead of out of the hatch. We will keep trying!


Anyway, try the recipe. I am sure it takes all nutritonal value out of the carrots or something and they are definelty not low fat but hey for carrots at $1.27 for 2 pounds how can you really go wrong?


1 comment:

April Bacon said...

you should try marinated carrots .. or copper pennies, same thing. Pretty good summer dish. They are served cold, like a salad of sorts, but spicey.