Thursday, June 18, 2009

How do people live without dogs?

Seriously...how do they? It is totally beyond me. Whenever I was pregnant with Bailey people used to ask me, "What are you going to do with Duke?" What do you mean what am I going to do with him? Are you serious? That dog is my baby. Everyone just laughed and assured me that he would become chop liver when Bailey was born and that he would never get any attention and someone even told me that I might want to give him away? What? Why in the heck would I give my baby away? It actually pisses me off when people do that!

So, Bailey was born. I guess maybe Duke may have been a little confused by the addition to our family at first but after a week or 2 he accepted her in and honestly things are still pretty normal. He is the best dog in the world. In the morning once Trev gets up he still gets in bed and cuddles with me. If Bailey is already in bed with me. He waits nicely to be asked up on the bed. If I lay down for a nap in the afternoon he is right there with me. He goes on walks with me and B. He is truely one of my best friends. I am really thinking he is digging it now that Bailey is eating food because he sits paitently waiting for his bite of cereal. I am sure he would like it as he has lapped up some breastmilk that Bailey has made a mess of while popping off to see what he is doing.

So, this is just a rambling post about the most sweetest, greatest dog in the world. I seriously can't imagine life without him!











3 comments:

April said...

No everyone is as fortunate as you! Raider and Abby stopped getting along once she could chase him. So, luckily, we found him a great home! Don't let it piss you off, just remember how lucky you are. I shed many tears over the whole ordeal. I saw ghost raiders everywhere for months.

Williams Family said...

duke is the best dog in the world. i really want a dog just like him. too scared that i will get a crazy one though. : ) i have too much crazy right now.

Karen said...

Oh yes, Sister. I'm right there with you. I just said tonight how Hershey is such a sweetie. I can't imagine life without her. She teaches me alot.
Karen