Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Welcome Back Mrs. Williams

Yesterday was my first day back to work. I joke with people and tell them that they need me to help finish up the school year! HA! Anyway, my kids were so excited to see me back. I had some even hugging me and telling me to never leave them again! Middle school kids are so funny. It was a great day with them and we just sort got along as we had before. :) Some of them had not acted very well for the sub while I was gone. I told them I was disappointed in them and of course they were sorry. Just like 2 years olds. :)

OF course the hard part of going back to work is not work itself it is leaving these two little monkeys.

It actually went better than I had expected. I had excpected that Sugie was going to fuss and cry about me leaving because she has done that a few times since getting out of the routine of going. However, she walked right in and was watching TV when I told her that I had to go. She started to look sad but I told her that I needed her to help take care of sister to which she yelled, "Sister! Sister!" Needless to say she was quite excited that she was going to stay with her. I thought I would be in tears in the car but instead I felt more at peace than I did when I left Bailey the first time. I think a big part of it is that I trust Marjorie and also know that she knows how I like things to be done with my babies. Also, I know that there are only 13 more days until summer! Marjorie said that Mckenzie did great. She didn't eat a whole lot but that is sort of what I had expected but Marjorie said she was never fussy or anything. So, it was a pretty good day even though I had to leave my babies.

No comments: