Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Couponing away

I have a long line of couponing in my blood. I remember my mom couponing as a child and I have done it off and on into adult hood. I have never really been serious with coupons though until recently. I think my grandma called the "Q-Puns" or maybe it was my mom I am not sure but I think couponing has really changed now that we have the internet. I have always spent a silly amount of time reading blogs and on Facebook only now I am most interested in coupon blogs and reading status updates from couponers. :)

I really just started but so far in the last few weeks the amount of stuff that I have walked out of the store with free or next to nothing is crazy! The principal is quite simple. Try to use your coupons when items are on sale and stock up on them. I am sort of starting simple and focusing on looking at deals at CVS, Kroger and Walmart.

Like I said I am just starting to learn the ropes but so far these are the websites that seem most helpful to me. Many of them have where you can "like" them on facebook and they give deals often. . Anyway here they are incase you care:

Coupon Mom - I like this one because it lists the items and the amount of percent that you can save.

Krazy Coupon Lady - she gives good advice to beginners and can help you get your coupons organized.

Swag Grabber - Not one of my favorites but she does seem to post some good deals

We use Coupons - This one is a bit overwhelming and you could spend a lot of time in because it has a forum where people post good deals in certain areas.

Sunday Coupon Preview - Pretty much what the title says. It tells you what coupons will be in the Sunday paper. If it is a good week you could buy more than one paper or if there are none you know what you don't need.

I heart CVS - info on CVS deals and gives you a preview of upcoming deals.

Coupon Divas - I don't really visit the website much but they do post good things through FB

These websites and stuff on Facebook also let you know about good online coupons. A few of the free items I have bought in the last few weeks have been with online coupons. You can print a lot of them at www.coupons.com . Many of the best coupons are under the zip code 90210.

Hope this helps anyone to save a few bucks.

No comments: