Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Surviving being a mom of two

So everyone keeps asking me, "So, how is it having two." To be honest it is about what I expected and easier than some people make it out to be so far. HOWEVER, I really think it will be more challenging when McKenzie is 6 months and Bailey is 2 1/2. :) Mostly becuase other than needing to eat pretty often then McKenzie is pretty easy becuase she sleeps so much. :) I think the real key to surviving the first few weeks as a new mom or a new mom to more kids is just worry about nothing else. I just take time enjoying my kids and don't worry about the house, the bills, the laundry, nada! Now my house is a wreck and it took me like 3 days to get some laundry done but WHO CARES!! HA! I hate housework anyway!

Now, I have been cheating a little with the mom of 2 thing because I do take Bailey to the sitters some days. I sort of look at it as my mothers day out and a chance to run errands without a 2 year old in tow. Grocery shopping with Bailey is no fun AT ALL if it is going to take more than about 20/30 minutes. I sortof think she will go to the sitters 2 or 3 days a week and I will keep her home the other days. I could take her everyday if I wanted but I do enjoying having both of them with me at home.

Today we had our first big outing with friends to the zoo and I am exhausted. We ended up staying a lot longer than I had planned and so we are all very tired. I was at one point that lady with two screaming children at the zoo! I sortof feel like I should take some of the blame becuase I knew Bailey was getting tired and hungry and I should have woken Mckenzie up to feed her but like a Rookie mom I ignored all this and ended up with two screaming babies in tow! HA! I think my friends tried to act like they didn't know me. Actually I was just trying to get to the nearest place to sit down and get a boob in McKenzie's mouth and some food in Bailey's belly. Other than that moment though it was a pretty good trip. I really wish Bailey liked the stroller becuase having to chase her and walk at a snails pace is a little annoying. :) Anyway, I thought I would leave you with a group pic I took today. We had 4 adults and 8 kids under the age of 3 with us and this pic pretty much sums it up. HA! :)





No comments: