Tuesday, February 8, 2011

First Few Days at home

So far the first few days at home have gone really well! I love seeing Bailey with Sugie together and I am trying to make sure to pay good attention to both of my babies! The biggest question I keep getting is how is: How is Bailey doing? I think she is doing really well. She is very sweet to her little sister and is handling less attention from me pretty well. She will sit next to me sometimes when I nurse and I try to remember to sit and cuddle with her and no baby and play with her so that she won't feel that I don't want to cuddle with her anymore. :) She has gone to the sitters when Trev went to work for a bit on Monday and today when we went to doctor for McKenzie. It is nice there is a place just around the corner that she can go to and play that is familiar and part of her routinue. The biggest problem that we have had is that Bailey is not sleeping well. She actually has not been sleeping that great since she had the flu. I knew from talking to friends that sleep in the toddler is often interupted when the new baby comes so I knew everything was about to change anyway so I didn't worry to much about it. 2 of the 3 nights we have been home she has gotten up in the night ironically at the exact time I am up nursing McKenzie. She of course sees that and does not want to go back to bed and surely does not want daddy helping her do it. Hopefully everything will work out soon. :) Anyway, here are some pics of her with her little sister.


At first she didn't really want to hold her she just wanted to put her hats on and off of her.

She does a pretty good job and is pretty gentle. :)

Yesterday she decided that she did in fact want to hold her and wants to do it all the time. She actually wants to go and pick her up on her own but since she carries her dolls around by there necks that probably is a bad idea! HA!

Cheese!

Hello baby!
Of course everyone wants to know how Miss Mckenzie is doing as well. Well, so far she is doing great and seems pretty much exactly like Sugie. It is like deja vu really. I take a picture ofher and I pretty much know I have a picture of Bailey just like it! I know that we are in the early newborn days of LOTS of sleep but she seems just as laid back as Bailey did. She is nursing great and the only things she hates is having her diaper and clothes changed. If she gets a little fussy we just swaddle her up and she is good to go. Which is exactly the way that Bailey was. I guess we will see if she sleeps swaddled until she is like 7 months like Bailey.
Snoozin on the boppy swaddled

Relaxing on the boppy

My original baby, Duke, still keeps a watchful eye on my babies for me! HA!










No comments: