Monday, July 13, 2009

Tuesday Blog Hop - 3 things you may not know about me!

So I have decided to join in this blog hop thing each Tuesday because I think it is fun and it gives me something to blog about. This week the topic is 3 things you may not know about me. I always wonder what I will say when I get asked these kinds of questions because my life is an open book. I like to blog with pictures so I went looking through pictures and realized that most of you who read my blog know everything about me NOW because duh I write about it here. So, I decided to give you some things from the past that you may not have known about me. Hopefully it wont bore you to tears! I really love to ride horses. In college I rode them at least 2 or 3 times a week. I have only ridden a few times since then. I really miss it! :( Anyway, here is a pic on one of my favorite horses named Sugar in the Baylor Homecoming parade.



One summer I studied in Germany. It was a neat experience and I would like to say that I learned a lot of German there. Ha! I have learned that foreign languages and me don't mix. When I go to foreign countries I work harder at trying to figure out how to get someone to translate for me than actually leanring the language.

In the Spring of 2002 my sister and I walked the 60 mile breast cancer walk. It was a lot of fun and was hard work! My feet ached for an entire week! We did about 20 miles each day and by the last day I had charlie horses in my arches on my feet! They had these vans that you could get picked up in along the route. My sister and I vowed we would not get on one so we pushed through the pain and got to the finish without the stupid vans! We had a lot of fun training for the walk and used to spend many weekends walking 20 miles. We kept each other going and it was really what I needed at the time in my life. I want to do it again sometime when sugar bear gets older! :)

Anyway, Happy blog hopping!



MckLinky Blog Hop

6 comments:

Stacie said...

that is fantastic you got to study in Germany. What an awesome experience.

Moms On The Go said...

Way to go on the walk, we have the same thing here, I would like to do it next year

Happy Hopping!

Anonymous said...

Stopping by from the Blog Hop to say Hello!

the brown couch said...

Poppin'over from Brown Couch Events
browncouchevetnts.blogspot.com

and Comfort Joy Designs
comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com

Deborah

P.S.
You are invited to my Stella & Dot Jewelry Party happening all week at Comfort Joy Designs! Hope to see you there!

Frantic Holly said...

Just hopping by to say Hi and visit your list!

April said...

So, I had no idea you studied in Germany, but then again, I only got a 62 on your facebook quiz. You should have been the friend I took to Girl Scout camp all those years! All we did was horseback riding and sleep in tents in the woods. No running water or electricity. LOVED IT! Was even a counselor there my last summer before college.