Sunday, July 26, 2009

Colorado - Sunday

How woul you like to wake up to this view off your back porch each morning? It was time for us to leave this beautiful site and head back to Texas so after pictures with the family we headed for Colorado Springs to catch our flight.

Papa Rick and Bailey

Gigi and Bailey


Papa Rick, Trev, and Bailey
Now for the story of one of the most adventourous parts of our trip! It involves heavy traffic, one car accident, lots of rain, 2 take offs, 2 landings, a lady in front of us filling up 3 barf bags, a small dog barking and whining and one tired baby! :) If you are interested then read further if not you have now reached the conclusion of our trip.
So, we left for Buena Vista to head to Colorado Springs and had very heavy traffic on a 2 lane road. I would look ahead and see a chain of cars for miles and trucks pulling trailers screaching up the moutainside. Little did we know this would be the beginning of our adventure. We got to the Colorado Springs and got to the airport and got on the plane. I was a little worried about Bailey because she was totally out of whack with her schedule and really had not had a decent nap but I thought its only a 1 1/2 hour flight. About 30 minutes before we were scheduled to land the pilot came on and said that we could not land in DFW because they were having bad weather and that we were going to circle around Whichita falls for a while. AFter 30 minutes he came on to say that a few planes had tried to land in DFW but could not due to sheer winds and that we did not have enough fuel to try to land and then not be able to so we flew to Oklahoma City to refuel. Bailey was doing so great. She had eaten and had a little nap so I wasn't to stressed. As we start to descend into Oklahoma City a small dog on the plane is barking and whining and then I notice the lady in front of us getting out the barf bag. After she filled up 3 or 4 bags I thought and I was worried about my baby screaming? Anyway, we landed in Oklahoma City and refueled but couldn't get off the plane. Everyone loved Bailey on the plane and commented on what a good baby she was. I was hoping these people weren't going to jinx me! Finally after we lifted off for DFW. Bailey had a snack and was zonked! Poor baby! I knew we were running on borrowed time but she did great. My parents picked us up and we got Duke from there house and didn't make it home unitl almost 1. We were exhausted! :) Bailey did great and I was so proud of her. She did have a meltdown about 30 mintues from the house in which I got her out of the car seat to calm her down. She was SOOO tired!

No comments: