Saturday, July 11, 2009

He's Just not that into you

So, I watched "He's just not that into you" last night. It was mostly an ok movie to me. It was something for me to do with a sleeping baby and a husband out pig hunting. With that said it did make me greatful for being married. I read many blogs and people many times write about the hardships of marriage and how it can be difficult so many times. My marriage is perfect so I never blog about such things...he he...just kidding. I don't like blogging about such things but I do think Trev and I have a pretty good marriage but ya these people are right it does take some work sometimes. HOWEVER, being single and dating is no walk in the park.


Perhaps some of you met your spouse in college or in high school. I don't know for sure but I am pretty sure it is easier that way. To me dating in high school and college was easy but once you get out of college it frankly for lack of a better statement blows chunks. You are sort of at this werid time in your life because for most of it you have been a student and there were many available dating prospects your age and interests around you 24/7. After college you are thrown into the "real world" where you may be working with people who are twice your age and share many different interests. Everyone has a great idea about where you should go to meet your spouse...I mean people to date.



People always told me to go to church to find a good spouse. I did that. It was almost more strange than the "real world" which is strange for someone who grew up in church their whole life. First you must find a church that is really big to even have the hope of finding someone similar to you. Next you show up to church and usually the singles are thrown in with the college students and they refer to it as college and career. However, when you walk it you feel like you are back in college and everyone is discussing having a get together on Friday at 3:30 p.m. What? Um...I will be at work! Hello! Every now and agian you find a church that has a 20s singles class. These were strange to. It was mostly filled with couples who were engaged but not yet married. A few churches did seperate out the 20s singles and 20s married however when you walk in that room it is mostly filled with women. Which is great don't get me wrong but I guess men in their 20s don't go to church unless they are in college or in a relationship.



Anyway, I ended up turning to the internet. People are more accepting of this these days, but 10 years ago poeple sortof loooked like you were some rejected, pathetic soul having to turn to the internet in hopes of finding someone who would actually consider going out with you. I could probably write a many blog entries on some of the people that I met but the most important thing is that it led me to this man.



I am very greatful that not only do I now have someone who makes me laugh everyday and spend my life with but I no longer have to be in the miserable dating world and endure annoying dates, waiting for phone calls, wondering if he is "in to you", having to call a friend in the bathroom so that she can call you in a few mintues with a major emergency so you can end your date, and the list could go on and one. So, if you are single out there and reading this. I remember the pain, but hopefully if you try try try again something will finally work out! :)

1 comment:

April said...

We really should resurrect some of our internet dating stories. Between the two of us we would have an awesome how-to book.

We will tell our kids - "Yeah dad and I met the old fashioned way, on the internet." I'll second the don't tell anyone how you met mentality. At my wedding my mom was like you really shouldn't go around telling everyone you met online. LOL!