Monday, March 1, 2010

One Year, Legacy, and Anger


What a blog title huh? How could all of those things have anything in common? Well it has been one year since my sweet Gramps went to Heaven. I was thinking about him the other day and told Trev that I was and we started laughing about a time when my nephew Mason got a nerf gun for Christmas and told him, "Don't worry Gramps, I won't shoot you. You are WAY to OLD!" Anyway, we laughed about it for a few mintues.

In the past week some things have come to light that have made me quite pissed off. Actually I would rather use some other words here but this is a nice family blog so I will keep it clean. Things actually made me so angry they made me cuss, as Trev says, like a sailor. I don't know why this ugly side of me comes out when I get angry but it does. Anyway, I was telling my Dad how mad this situation/person had made me and he reminded me to pray for them and the situation. I thought it sounded like Gramps. I am sure at some point that Gramps got Angry but I doubt he dropped F bombs when he did unlike a certain granddaughter of his who shall remain nameless but just might happen to be the author of this blog. Ha! So, as I reflected on how it had been a year since we lost him I thought about how he in this situation would have forgiven probably sooner than the average person. Thats what he did. He accepted everyone for who they were and what they were. While he is not here he did leave tidbits here and there like in my Dad and his calming words the other day when fire and smoke were coming out my ears and mouth.

So, hopefully as Gramps looks down from us up there from Heaven we can find comfort in the hurts we have and forgiveness for those who need it and maybe even ear muffs when his grandchildren aren't so wise with their anger and word choices! :) Miss you Gramps and Love you Dad.

No comments: