Saturday, March 13, 2010

First Zoo Trip

We decided to start off Spring Break right and head to the zoo this morning! The zoo opened at 9 and we tried to get there then but it was more like 9:30. This is an awesome time to go to the zoo! We went to the Dallas zoo and I don't think I have been there since I was a small child. In the last few decades I have always gone to the Ft. Worth Zoo because frankly it is better but we didn't want to drive that far. I think the Dallas Zoo is coming along and making some improvements but they still have a long way to go before they are Ft Worth Zoo quality but we had a grand time and it was about the right size for us to get through with the Sugie Bear!

Sugie checking out the Penguin statute and seeing how tall she is. Getting out of the stroller and running around was one of her favorite things to do.

This isn't a great picture but it is a mama chimp carrying her baby. It reminded me of carrying around the Sugie when she was a baby! HA!

The chimps were one of our favorite things. It was a little chilly when we first got there but we soon shed the coats and it was a beautiful day!


Daddy and bear looking at the chimps through the glass.

Sugie checking out the chimp statues and having a snack.

Weird Daddy!!!

Flashback! As I said I don't think I have been to this zoo since I was a small child and I am sure it has changed a lot since then. However the habitat of the giraffes and elephants has not changed! Actually they have a new home but they haven't been moved yet. I actually had to open my mouth and insert my foot because when we walked up on the elephants I said, "man they sure have a miserable habitat" Next to us stood someone important looking from the zoo who told us how they are going to be moved soon and all about the new Safari. Ha! It was interesting though to listen to what he had to say even if I was a tiny bit embarrassed.

We would roll Sugie up to some of the habitats and she would just talk and talk. Here she is giving me her "what you looking at mom" look.

She had it made as she kicked backed and relaxed!

She even discovered how to use the cup holder on the stroller and then it was a game to take it out and put it in a hundred times! :)

We let her out at this kids play area and all she would do is go over to this stream! I think she is going to be ready to swim this summer!

Walkin' over to the stream!
We survived our first trip to the zoo! I thought I would post a pic of me since I never do here on the blog. I mostly don't because I usually always have the camera and Trev has no patience for picture taking. He snaps the camera once ready or not. So most of the pictures of me and the bear look like the ones above....not so great! oh well!

After the zoo we made it home for nap time and then we had to leave the house for a showing so we went to the park and Sugie got to play outside again! She was in heaven today! Maybe she will sleep until 8 tomorrow? Doubtful!

1 comment:

April said...

We took the kids to the Fort Worth zoo yesterday. They have the new "MOLA" (Museum of Living Art). One wall is all windows facing a pond with some flamingo looking duck/birds. Andrew ran straight into the window trying to get the birds. It was so funny. Then he did it again. We finally had to restrain the child. He was after some bird!