Sunday, August 16, 2009

My gentle giant

Bailey loves Duke even though he is 7 times her size and following in true Dane nature he is really a gentle giant. He seems a little annoyed at Bailey at times just by the look on his face but I am pretty sure he feels it is his duty to also watch over her. He spends most of the day napping on the couch and ignoring her. Although I have caught him napping in her room with her if I leave the door open. When bath time comes he watches over us to make sure we do it right. He comes into the bathroom a couple of times to check things out and then waits on the floor in her room. Then if Bailey is not too fussy and ready for bed right then we play around with him on the floor.



She has discovered that he has ears and does pull them. Duke seems to tolerate it although he does make this sound that means, "I am not quite sure about this."




I was able to capture Bailey's stance where she goes from a sit to thinking about crawling. Too cute!





1 comment:

Mommy's Journeys said...

B looks so much like you in those photos. A girl with her dog is priceless, of course, too. I'm ready to see my lovie dog again--soon!