Tuesday, August 11, 2009

How do you....

...go to the bathroom in public with a baby? Seriously?

So, yesterday I was at Wal-Mart doing a BIG shopping trip when I needed to go to the bathroom. No big deal right? Bailey is happily riding in the cart now like a big girl with her Floppy Seat (I will get a pic sometime) and so what am I going to do with her? I have a buggy full of stuff already and debated on rolling it into the bathroom despite all the signs but thought no I really don't want my food in a Wal-Mart bathroom or some little old wal-mart lady coming in there telling me that I can't bring my merchandise in. So, just like everything else in motherhood I pick Bailey up and decide I will figure it out when I get in there. So, I basically sat on the toilet with her in my lap and almost squooshed the life out of her trying to wipe but we survived! Yes, I had to sit on the public toilet because I am not nearly talented enough to hover, hold a baby and go to the bathroom but it was me or the baby on the floor. I think the choice is clear.

So, how in do you do it?

4 comments:

Mommy's Journeys said...

I always carried the girls in the Snugli when we went to the store so that I could avoid what you describe here. One day when I had one of the girls in the Snugli while in the bathroom, a lady stopped me and said, "Oh my! You can go to the bathroom by yourself with that on! I need to do that!"

April said...

Well, some new places have the baby seats in the stalls. The Parks has these in all the bathrooms and I've seen them in Target as well. Kinda like the purse stand of the past, except that it has 2 straps to keep the baby in place.

teacherjanet said...

Sister - Ya i have a snugli and sling..in the car! :) He He!

April - I have seen those things and they gross me out as much as the changing tables and I am not a big germ freak. :)

April said...

I didn't say I've used the seat, but I have used the changing tables. I carry a pillowcase in the diaper bag that I lay over the table. I throw it in the wash after use of course. But for your situation, I've always just held them.