Monday, December 10, 2012

Meaningful Christmas Day 8, 9, 10

 
Day 8 : Mary is chosen "...God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth...to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph...The virgin's name was Mary.  The angle went to her and said, "Greeting, you who are highly favored!  The Lord is with you."  Luke 1:26-28
 
I asked Sugie who was in her family and she named all of us off.  I told her that she was also apart of God's family.  She said, "Ok mommy, I will just stay in this family." :)
 
 
Day 9: Trusting God  "Nothin is impossible with God."  Luke 1:29-37
 
I asked Bailey if she trusted god and she said, "No"  I asked her if she trusted me and she said, "Yes"  I told her that she could trust God because he loved her and was always with her to protect her.  She said, "Ok mommy"  I told her that he could help her do hard things and asked if there was anything that was really hard for her to do.  "Nope, all the things are easy."  She hasn't been to talkative these evenings.
 
 
Day 10: Immanuel
"...An angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because wat is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.  She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.  All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" which means, "God with us"
 
I asked her if she knew what Immanuel meant and she did not know so I told her that it meant God is with us and that he will never leave us.  I told her that if she ever feels alone or scared that she doesn't have to because God is with her.  "OK, mommy but I will just stay with you."  :)


No comments: