Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Meaningful Christmas Day 15 - DAy 18

 
Day 15: Go and Tell: "So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger.  When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, wand all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them."  Luke 2:16-18
 
I asked Bailey if she knew what a shephard was and she did not so we talked about that and that the shephards told everyone that Jesus was born.  I told her that God wanted her to tell everyone else about Jesus too.  She said, "Ok, I will tell sister about him." Sweet.
 
 
Day 16: The Wise Men "After Jesus was born in Bethlehem, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem and asked, "Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews?  We saw his star in the east and have come to worship him." 
 
I asked her if she knew about the wise men and she said know.  I told her that they brought Jesus presents and asked her if she knew how they found him.  She said, "They just looked for the barn"  I told here there was a really bright star that they followed so they could him.  She asked, "Was the star as bright as the moon." ;)
 
 
Day 17: The Greastest Gift:  "....the wise men went thier way.  And the star they had seen in the east guided them to Bethlehem.  It went ahead of them and stopped over the place where the child was.  When they saw the star, they were filled with joy! They entered the house and saw the child with his mother, MAry, and they bowed down and worshiped him.  Then they opened their treasure chests and gave him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh."  Matthew 2:9-11
 
I told her that the wise me brought Jesus presents and if she knew what they brought him.  She did not so I told her.  I asked her what she wanted for presents. "All the pretty things." Then I told her that the present Jesues wanted most was her!
 
 
Day 18: The  Word: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with Bod, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning.  Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made."  John 1:1-13
 


No comments: