Saturday, December 1, 2012

A Meaningful Christmas Day 1

A friend of mine from my MOMS club asked me to join her and some other friends to do a different sort of ornament exchange that involves doing a daily devotional the 24 days leading up to Christmas.
 
 
It is called a meaningful Christmas.  The book was written by a couple of moms looking to add more meaning to Christmas in a fun way.  How it works is that you get a group of 24 people together.  You assign everyone a certain day of the 24 and they make an ornament to represent that day.  You then make that ornament 24 times and then get together and exchange them.
 
 
I got Day 11 and had to make a donkey.  I found this little kit to make this cute little Donkey.  THe ornaments are meant to be kept as a keepsake and many moms do it several years so that they will have a set for each of their children.  Here are my donkey's the day that we exchanged.  All lined up and ready to go to different families. :)
 
 
We each got a box full of our ornaments.  Bailey has been very excited about the box since I brought it home last week.
 
 
There are some really cute ornaments in there and I think this will be a really fun tradition and to help spread the true meaning of Christmas.
 
 
So tonight I read the devotional and the verse that went along with it.  I shortned it down enough for her and I think that she at least understood a bit.  Then we hung Day 1 ornament up.
 
 
Day 1: "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End." Revelation 22:13
 
I talked with Bailey about how God is eternal and that means forever.  :)


1 comment:

Gerald and Wendy said...

I LOVE THIS!!! I'm going to try & remember this for next year.