Friday, April 8, 2011

The Zoo with Mimi and Poppy

We took Mimi and Poppy to the zoo yesterday and had a great time! I usually go to the zoo with friends with kids. I told a friend last night that I was able to get through the zoo with my parents about 50 times faster than I do with so many kids. It was sort of nice! HA!
Mimi and Sugie checking out the lion
We saw this really cool looking bird in the aviary. It was beautiful when it flew too but I didn't get a picture of it.
We of course saw Patrick the Gorilla in his normal spot.


This chimp was really putting on a show. He was throwing things and banging at the glass. He about scared some school kids out of their britches when he did that!
Sugie and Poppy interacting with the Chimp
We went over to the Children's zoo for Sugie to play. Mckenzie was awake and ready to hang out with Mimi and Poppy.
McKenzie chatting with Mimi
THey have a little stream to play in, in the children's zoop but it hasn't been warm enough to play in. I gave Sugie the go ahead and she was of course happy as a lark.
I can't wait until summer and swimming.
Sugie got bored with the stream and so we put on some dry clothes. Mimi and Poppy left to go home so Mimi could go to work. I knew that the car nap was going to happen so I figured we would look at a few more things.
Sugie loved the fish.
The duck pond
THe bunny
"Swimming lizards"
snake
When we were leaving Sugie was really excited about this butterfly bench so we stopped to take a picture since she did in did fact have on her butterfly shirt. :) Of course, could I get her to look at the camera? Nope! :)

3 comments:

Mommy's Journeys said...

Hopie has that same butterfly shirt and black pants too! :)
Looks like you all had a fun time!

Angie said...

I think I may be sad when Braden starts actually looking at the camera. I'm used to writing about it in my blog so much, that I've come to expect it. :)

Melody said...

love the horse pic with her finger in her mouth!