Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tyler Zoo

We went to the Caldwell Zoo in Tyler today. I have always heard what an awesome zoo that it is but had never been to check it out. So, when we woke up today I just decided to go on a whim. It turned out to be a perfect day for it and my little Sugie was in an awesome mood and loved every minute of it. I don't think she had one tantrum while she was there! HA! It is a beautiful zoo and just the right size. It reminded me of the waco zoo.
This is my tour guide...sugar the bear. I think she possibly has watched too much Dora becuase she exclaimed "MAP!" when she saw it and just had to carry it around! HA! :) She finally put it down to feed the birds. We stopped and had a little snack with the giraffes and elephants.
I remembered to snap a picture of Mckenzie today! Most of the time she is alseep on me but she did some stroller riding today too. She was so happy this morning but was super fussy this afternoon and evening. Maybe she had too much fun this morning and not enough rest?
I think this was Bailey's favorite part of the day.
She loves to feed anything (including me and her dady) so feeding the birds was right up her ally. THere were a million school kids there today and so when we first go in the aviary there were a million kids running around. No kids were sitting still enough for the birds to come up but I told Sugie she had to sit real steal for the birds to come up. I was amazed to see her follow my advice!

I was also amazed at how much I got her to look at the camera today too! HA! She did not want to leave the birds but I finally convinced her to say "bye bye birds"
BEAR!
FISH
Otter
Sugie loves sandboxes! I think we need to head to the beach!

1 comment:

Mommy's Journeys said...

I took Hanna and Hope to this zoo once with Gramps. I too thought it was a good one. Glad you had fun!