Monday, April 11, 2011

My nest has been taken over

With both girls I have sort of taken over the love seat during the day to nurse them, change diapers, hold them, etc. I have everything I need all with in arms reach and it is just comfortable and convienent. Trever calls it my nest! HA! Anyway, today I was getting my nursing pillow and getting ready to sit down to nurse Mckenzie when Sugie ran over and climbed up in my nest and said, "my chair". Well ok then! I thought we might be in for some kind of tantrum or something. So, I just sat over on the couch and then soon this is what I saw:

Yep that is Sugie nursing her baby! I was so delighted. I have wanted her to do this because I just knew it would warm my soul.


I am not really sure why it warms my soul so much. Maybe because it was a special relationship that her and I had and I am pretty sure only I can remember. She has asked to nurse twice since Mckenzie has been born. I have told her that it is really for babies but if she wants to try than she can. She has acted like she is going to both times and then ran off laughing! So, my heart was filled with happiness when I saw her lift her shirt and nurse that baby of hers. I hope that she will nurse her real babies some day. There really is nothing better to bond you to your babies than nursing. It is also a reminder that those little eyes are watching EVERY move you make!

1 comment:

Mommy's Journeys said...

Too cute! And the bunny shirt too!