Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Time Warp

Time Warp adequately describes my life in the last 3 months. It isn't a bad thing but it is quite strange. I really feel like Bailey was just born yesterday yet it was 3 months ago. Trever will say things like man I need some laundry done and I will say, "I just did laundry a few days ago" uh no Janet it was over a week ago. A week? Really? Unbelievable! Ya, I don't make a very good housewife. I know. Trev knows. So, it is all OK. There are other things too. I will put Bailey down for a nap and then it seems like minutes go by and I hear her awake and think, man she sure didn't sleep long. Uh no Janet it has been 1 1/2 hours and in fact she is ready to eat. Really 1 1/2 hours? OK so I know I spend a lot of time on Facebook, email, and reading peoples blogs but hey I like it ok.

So, I guess I accept the Time Warp that I am in. It is really bitter sweet. One day I think I can't wait until Bailey is old enough to....and other days I think I want her back in her scrunched up little infant state. I know people will repsond to this saying enjoy it while they are small it goes by so fast. I know I know but does anyone really try not to enjoy it?

2 weeks from tomorrow I go back to work. I hope that my work days will go by fast! I am pretty sure that they will because I like my job and time usually goes by quickly while I am there. I also hope the 43 days that I have to work before summer goes by fast also. Of course then I will wish summer will last forever one day and then the next day will be tired of the heat and wish for fall. It is silliness.

I know that what will seem like tomorrow I will be writing about Bailey starting school, graduating, going to college, getting married, and having kids. We don't want any of this stuff to happen too fast for our babies but if Time stands still then it can't happen. So, for now I will try to enjoy every moment (even if it is at 2 am) with my precious little Bailey.

Going home form hospital...really? This was 3 months ago?

Bailey at 1 week. Really? This was 12 weeks ago? Newborn onesies were baggy?

2 comments:

Karen said...

Amen to that entire post! :)

April said...

newborn onesies? Kids actually get to wear them? I wouldn't know!