Wednesday, October 10, 2012

School snacks

It was Sugie's turn to bring snacks to her class this week.  I wanted her to take something that she was excited about so I had been asking what she wanted to take to share with her friends but she would just always tell me something yummy.  I had pinned these butterfly snacks a long time ago on pinterest for Mckenzie's birthday party but never made them.  I remember Sugie seeing the picture and being very excited about it.  So, I showed her the picture again and she was very excited to take those and I new that she would enjoy making them.  Plus, I already had all the supplies and goldfish and grapes were on sale! Double Score!
 
 
So, we started first painted the clothes pins.
 
 
Sister of course wanted to help too.
 
 
She mostly made a mess.  We let her keep her own art work rather than sharing with the class.
 
 
Not this monkey though.  She paints very carefully. 
 
 
Next we glued the eyes on the clothes pins.
 
 
Sister decorated hers up too.
 
 
Then we put the snacks in and applied the antenna.  Sugie wasn't much help in this part and mostly just watched and looked cute!
 
 
Done!
 
 
Sugie is very proud of them and this is what she does when I asked her to hold things up now.  :)  HA!  Hope her class enjoys them because I am not going to lie they were a lot more work than I thought!

No comments: