Tuesday, December 6, 2011

10 months old!


Mckenzie you turned 10 months old on Monday!  This last month has been a rough one for you.  You had RSV, a stomach bug and cut a few teeth. :(  Here is what you are up to these days.

1) You wear a size 3 diaper and mostly 12 month clothes although you pretty much have to wear leggings or they just fall right off of you. 


  2) You nurse 4 or 5 times a day and eat 3 "meals" with us.  You really prefer to feed yourself and eat off my plate than eating purees.  You really like yogurt too but I have had to slow you down on that because I am not sure that it agrees with you. 

 3) You are pulling up to your knees but not quite pulling up to a stand yet.  Well except for on the stairs and then it seems as if you think you might be able to climb them.  Mommy needs to get a gate ASAP.


 4)  You love to explore your world and see everything there is to see.  ONe of your favorite places in the house is upstairs in the game room.  You love to play with everything up there.


5)  You can crawl pretty fast now and follow me and Sugie all over the house.  Which is nice because you don't have to cry for us you can just come and find us.


6)  You love to tear up all of your sisters puzzles and chew on the pieces.  You also make the same cabbage patch kid face as your sister. :)


7)  Bailey has already taught you the art of music.  I think you have about mastered the xylophone!


8)  You have 3 1/2 teeth in right now.  The bottow 2 are pretty far in.  The top 2 are the other ones but one of them has not completely broken through yet.


9)  Bailey can make you laugh the hardest and you love to play with her.  She can also be mean to you at times and you don't like that at all.  I keep telling her that you are going to be able to fight back very soon! :)


10)  I love to see you smile and love seeing you play.  You reall y like for me to hold you a lot and that is ok because I know before to long you will be to busy for me to hold.

11)  I think I have you down to taking 2 naps.  You have been all over the place this month with sickness and travel and really sometimes would like to squeeze in a 3rd nap but you do better to just skip that and go to bed at 7.  So you sleep at night from about 7 to 7 the next morning and wake for a few snacks along the way.  You usually are in bed with me by 3 or 4 in the moring. 

12) I have seen you clap your hands a few times but are not doing it consistently.

13)  You say mama and dada.  I have heard you say bye bye a few times and wave but you are not doing that consistently.  You do like to shake your head and say no.  We taught you that with a little game we play called, "sister are you a (insert some object or animal)"  I really need to get that on video.  I am also working with you on signing more and all done.  You will shake your head no when you are all done.

14)  Another game you like to play is "sister where are you"  Your daddy and Sugie taught you this one but I caught it on video when it was just you and me.


That about wraps up the last month sister bear.  I can't believe it is only 2 months until you will be one.  I am looking forward to enjoying christmas with you.  I think Santa will be bringing you some wonderful gifts!

No comments: