Friday, May 7, 2010

A Good Foundation

As you can see our foundation was poured today! Yipee! I wish I would have got a pic of it before the foundation was poured but I forgot my camera yesterday. The porch will be there on the left. I am very excited about that. It is about 1/4 the size of my current porch! Ha! Of course the house is almost double the size so I think I will get over it! :)
The garage is here on the right and we will have double doors. I acutally saw the builder while we were out there and he said that they should start framing on Wednesday next week!

Sugie checked it out too. Dad was in charge of the camera so this is the best picture I have. I think she liked it just fine and moments after this picture fell down in a big pile of mud! We may not be able to take the country out of this girl! :)
Today is also Trev and I's 5th wedding anniversary! Wow! These 5 years have gone by really fast. I think that Trev and I have a good marriage because we have a good foundation of trust, honesty, acceptance and most importantly humor. So it is ironic that here we are 5 years later building the foundation on our house. Our marriage is by no means perfect but I do know that we love each other very deeply and at the end of the day we are each others best friend. We usually spend a lot of our days laughing together and every now and again a little arguing too. :) I told a few people it was our anniversary and people wanted to know what romantic thing that we were doing to celebrate like a fancy dinner, I night out on the town etc. We do those things from time to time but the most romantic times for me are when it is just me and Trev cuddled up having a good conversation. For example tonight after Sugie went to bed we layed on an mattress we have out in the barn enjoying a cool evening and remembering why it is that we really do love each other. I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments: