Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Little girl in big shoes and small rant from me

 
There is my twisty naked as usual and walking around in my shoes.  It is one of her latest obsessions. Indoor playgrounds are like a candy store to her.  A whole cubbie full of different shoes. HA!
 
Now that I have left you with a cute picture of Mckenzie I will go on a little rant for a bit.  Formula companies are brillant!  If you want to learn a thing or two about marketing then visit the marketing department of any formula company.  This is similac's newest product: "Similac for supplementation" It makes me want to barf.  So instead of barfing I will tell you that this does not in anyway support breastfeeding despite their claims to always do so. Supplementing your baby with formula leads to decreased milk supply and eventually to weaning and therefore making you feed your baby with formula and thus more money for the formula company.  Does that sound like supporting breastfeeding to you?  Many moms supplement because they believe that they are not making enough milk.  But supplementing just makes them make less milk and so the decline begins.  Now, I know that many moms do decide to supplement for the purpose of weaning and that is fine if that is their decision but they don't need a special formula to do it.  I think it is just another way for a formula company to undermind what our bodies were made to do.  If you choose to formula feed your baby then great.  Shout it from the roof tops if you want. But if you want to breastfeed successfully then please don't believe for one second that a formula company is going to help you meet your goals.  They are in the buisness to make money.  They can't make money with you breastfeeding.  They only make money if you formula feed and they will market in such a way that makes you think that what they are offering is just as good as what your body was designed to do and what is best for you and for your baby.  I will now step off my soap box and end my rant. :) 
 

No comments: