Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Trick or Treat


We had a excellent Halloween!  WE started the day with my Mom group's Halloween party (and yes you must turn your head sideways I still don't know how to fix that problem).  The kids mostly played but they also got to "trick or treat" to each mom.  Bailey kept telling me, "Momma I knock on the door?"  I think she was confused why I had told her you knock on a door to trick or treat but now we were just walking around a yard! HA!

This little bug enjoyed the party and the nice weather.



Do you remember me taking pictures like this with Bailey with the same costume?  He he!

Bailey's cranky "cheese" face.


Mckenzie Trick or Treated for apples!  Love that face!


Then came the big event! Trick or Treating!  I wish that I would have tried to start getting pictures of the girls before the neighborhood kids came over but Trev's mom was here and we got a little behind.  Anyway, this is the best shot I got of my little bugs.  As you see it isn't great!

At least I got a halfway decent one of Mckenzie! HA! Getting her to look at the camera can at times be easier than her sister. :)


The Hawthorn Girls ready to GO!



Enough torture with pictures though off to trick or treating to see if our practicing had paid off!


We started off with some of the neighbors.  We got a good laugh because one of the first houses Bailey just walked up to the door and said, "Trick or Treat" as if that was going to open the door! HA!

Before long though she had it all figured out and we were not allowed to help her in anyway.  Each house she would exclaim, "I do it"  First she would ring the door bell.



Then wait with excitement!  (My favorite picture of the night)


Then get her candy and say, "Next house"  Every now and again we would get her to say thank you but it was usually just "next house"



Mckenize started off happy in the stroller but before long she was tired so she rode the rest of the way attached to me.  At least we had the stroller for all the candy we collected!


Many of the houses in the neighborhood go all out with the decorations!  Bailey was very unsure about this house and when it was over told me "Momma that was a crazy house and I don't want it!"



So we had a great halloween!  I really like this house!  Such creative minds!



No comments: