Tuesday, November 8, 2011

9 month checkup...healthy as a horse...well except for RSV

Mckenzie had her 9 month checkup today.  She weighed in at 17 pound 6 ounces and was I think 27.75 inches long but I don't exactly remember that one.  She has had a runny nose and been coughing at night since saturday but to be honest hasn't felt that sick.  This morning Bailey was coughing and Mckenzie did seem a little wheezy but I wasn't that worried but we did enter the "sick" door instead of "well" door.  Anyway, the doctor seemed a little concerned about her breathing and wheezing and said I haven't seen it yet but I think she has RSV.  They did a test and sure enough she does.   She did say she thought she was the happiest RSV baby she had ever seen. She tried a breathing treatment on her in the office but it didn't seem to help her to much so she said to just "nurse her on through." So, looks like we will be chilling at home the rest of the week and resting up.  No vaccines this visit and they drew blood for blood work that she said "looks great"  I totally forgot what they test for!  So, call me mother of the year that I took both of my kids yesterday to the library to infect the rest of Rockwall County with RSV.  My bad.

No comments: