Sunday, October 9, 2011

Camp Dave-O

We went camping with my family this weekend. My dad calls it Camp Dave-O when we go and so we gave him that sign last christmas. I would like to say we had the time of our lives but I would be lying. Between 2 small kids, a baby who did not sleep well, rain, barf, and no electricity for some of the night it was a kind of exhausting. I told Trev I would be ready to camp again when Mckenzie is about Bailey's age. So, that would be 2 more years! I had reservationsa bout going but we decided to stay in our old tent trailer aka "the stardust" so I figure sleep would be better. It was easier than a tent and I was sure glad we were in there last night when it was raining NON STOP for a few hours. Anyway, we did have fun visiting with family so it wasn't a total wash but I am tired. Mckenzie was asleep before we even left the campground and Bailey wasn't far behind her. I will let the pics do the rest of the talking.
A certain someone really likes to get my sun glasses!


She even puts them up on her head like I do.



Yummy! Smores!




Ladder Ball!



Sugie thought she had to play too but the truth is she just wanted to hoard the balls.



Mckenzie did pretty good despite how tired I know that she was.



Mimi and Mckenzie



Mckenize meeting Margo



Poppy and Mckenzie



Mckenzie talking with Mimi


Chatting with my girls.



Happy Sister bear! (My sister took many of these pictures and she is a little obsessive about taking pictures of babies.)



There was a monkey in our camp



After Kesley did this guess what happened next?


Yep Sugie wanted to do it too!



Me and sweet Mckenzie



We were at Cedar Hill State Park and inside the park they have Penn Farm which is an old farm from the 1850s. So we went with Poppy to check it out.



I think Trev would have made a good farmer.



I am not sure this girl could have lived without Dora though! HA! Actually she loves to be outside so she probably could have been a good farm girl.



Sugie driving the tractor



It was one of her favorite parts



Sugie in the 1850s. :)



Old plows. I tried for a good picture but



not sure I got one. This one makes me laugh the most



Daddy and Sugie in old house.



The lake desperately needs rain! The rain could have waited until we were done camping though! Nothing like packing up your camp in the rain. :)





Sugie and sister had a great time playing with their cousins. Bailey called them "friends" so I guess she likes them.





Poppy and the Fikkert Kids



Kelsey and Sugie




Thanks Poppy. We had a good time hanging with you and Mimi and the rest of the family. We are ready to go again.....in at least 2 years. :)

No comments: