Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sick Day

I am home today with Bailey for her official first fever! I am not really sure that she is sick though. She woke up at midnight last night crying so I went in to check on her and when I picked her up she felt really warm. She was latching on to any part of me like she hadn't eaten in days so I took her to bed with me and nursed her and could tell that she defenitely felt very warm.


So, I got the pacifer thermometer out and it said her temp was 102! I thought this stupid thing doesn't work! Why in the heck I was using it if I didn't think it worked was beyond me. Anyway, I took it under her arm and it said 101 so it was pretty obvious that she had fever. So, I gave her some tylenol and got her back to sleep. She slept pretty good but I went in there like 4 times through the night to check on her!


This morning when I took her temp it was 100 and so I decided to stay home with her. Other than being a little congested she has no other symptoms and I am happy to report after her morning nap she was fever free and had not had any tylenol in a while soo...I guess she has figured out how to stay home from school! HA!


Anyway here is her pic with her pacifer thermometer after her nap today when it read fever free. For all you other moms with pacifer loving babies I do think that this thing works because she doesn't feel feverish and when I take it it reads 98.7. So, I deem it a great little invention!

1 comment:

April said...

I always take a rectal temp. I got lectured enough by my pedi that I don't do it any other way.