Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Bailey is going to be born in the Big D

Bailey is going to take her first breaths as a big downtown Dallas girl. After getting fed up with my doctors office and their your pregnant and doomed approach to being pregnant and childbirth I decided it was time to make a change. I found a doctors office that has both OBs and midwifes in their office. The office has a laid back approach to childbirth. Well, I say laid back but by my standards just normal instead of lets induce and do c-sections for convience. I will mainly meet with the nurse midwives who will also deliver the baby but it is comforting to know the doctors are only a few steps away. Their main offices are in downtown but they have an office in mesquite which isn't to far away and closer to Trev's work. Anyway, Bailey will be born at Baylor Dallas but don't worry I will bring her back to a more rural life before she turns into to much of a big city girl. :) Here is a pic of the labor and delivery room. I think it looks like a fine place and not the size of a cracker jack box like the hospital that I was going to deliver at.




2 comments:

April said...

Cool! I switched OBs at 21 weeks when I was pregnant with Abby. Having the comfort and confidence with your doctor and facility makes so much difference!

Melody said...

Glad you switched! Baylor Dallas is my old stompin' ground!!

Can't wait to see Bailey girl!!!!