Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Getting Pierced!

 
Sugie got her ears pierced a few weeks ago.  This was totally her idea! She has actually asked on and off for the last year.  It started last year when a little friend at school got her ears pierced.  She came home talking and asking about it.  When I told her that she could have hers pierced too but that it is sort of like getting shots in that it hurts for a bit and then it is over.  She decided, "I will wait until I am bigger.
 
 
Then a few weeks ago she started asking about it again.  I reminded her that she could have it done but that it would hurt like a shot but instead of saying she wanted to wait she asked about going to have it done every day.  So finally we took her after church.  She held the bear they gave her but turned down the sucker. The girl who did it did a great job.  Her little assistant girl told Bailey that it didn't hurt but Bailey assured her that her mom already had told her that it indeed would hurt but just for a little bit.  Got some strange looks on that one!
 
 
Then both workers got their "gun" ready and then...
 
 
shot the earings in.  Trev captured a pretty true description of what it feels like! She acted like she might cry but then realized the pain was over.
 
 
I put the cleaning "magic" solution on and she was good to go.
 
 
She was so proud of herself! Good job Sugie you are such a big girl!

 
Proud of her new earings!
 
 
A closeup of her rainbow flowers that she chose.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was searching for my GF's blog and came across yours. Started reading about the great story about your older daughter getting her ears pierced. Your story reminded of a funny experience when we had our 5 year old ears pierced and I didn't have her sibling ears pierced on the same day.

After piercing our ODD's ears for her birthday with my sister, we came home and showed daddy. He really loved them. What happened next surprised me. Dh asked why I hadn't had her sister, a 3 yr old girl ears pierced! I didn't know what to say, but then our 5 yr chimed in saying she wanted her sissy to have matching earrings like hers (CZ studs). I told hubby maybe her younger sib was too young? Wrong. Now my family was ganging up on me!

Everyone wanted BOTH my girls to have pierced ears since they were so close and shared everything!

The next day, dh calls out to me from the family room asking me to come in there. Our 5 yr had gotten a pair of my earrings and was trying to put them in her younger sister's ears! She almost put one in her ear canal! Dh laughed and told me, I told you that you should have pierced all the girls ears. Please take her sister to
have them pierced before we had to take her to the ER or to remove an earring!

I went the next day and had Missy's ears pierced since she was so excited to have earring like her sissy. She didn't cry and was so excited. Don't know if you've considered having your YDD's ears pierced. Admittedly, I don't know why I didn't do all the girls that same day, however, looking back it actually was a good idea and it wasn't even mine :) I was the only one who needed convincing.

If you remotely thought of having your YDD's ears pierced, maybe your mommy intuition is telling you to do it.

Sounds like you've found a great place and people to do it. Hopefully, you can avoid her sister trying to put one of your earrings in her younger sisters' ears wanting to be like mommy and her sister.

Promise if you have your YDD's ears pierced now, both girls will look adorable in their upcoming holiday pictures with cute earrings :)

Amy
amyswor1765@gmail.com