Friday, July 26, 2013

Meals on Big Wheels

 
The girls and I went and volunteered today with Meals on Big Wheels.  It is a program in Dallas for kids to volunteer by delivering meals to seniors in Dallas.  You get to ride this party bus that is an old school bus all decorated up.  The girls were quite excited about the bus ride!
 

 We went with my moms group.  Sandra, Brooklyn, Janna, and Kaylee getting their groove on the party bus.
 
 
The girls not cooperating and chilling on the pink chair
 
 
Michelle, Cole, Luke and Aiden having a snack before delivering meals.
 
 
Chase not impressed with my pictures.
 
 
Everett and Amy
 
 
The girls and I.  Bailey's thing to do was closing her eyes for all pictures! Turkey!
 
 
The girls did so good at delivering meals.  It was a rainy morning and so once the rain stopped it was very humid and they were sweating walking through the apartment complex and delivering meals.
 
 
The went right up to the doors and knocked on them and screamed "Meals on Wheels" I think they thought it was like backwards trick or treating! HA!
 
 
Our cool ride.  You can also rent this bus for parties.  I am trying to dream up a reason I might need this bus! HA!
 

It was one seniors birthday so the whole group sang happy birthday to him.
 
 
Sugie carrying her meal.  All the people were so grateful for our deliveries.
 
 
Again no eyes....:)
 
 
Meal anyone?
 
 
Sister insisted on carrying the meals herself. :)
 
 
My groovy monkeys.  I hope that they got what we were really doing but I am not sure they saw past the bus ride and screaming "Meals on Wheels" HA!  But I would like to continue to do things like this.  I feel like sometimes when living in suburbia I loose focus of what is really important and just how blessed we really are.


 
The whole group today.
 
 
My moms group.  Thanks so much for setting us up for this Amy.  It was a great time!
 
P.S. I need to get PCB posts up...


No comments: