Saturday, March 23, 2013

Cowgirl!


 
On Thursday Sugie had western day at school. She was so excited! Someone had given us the shirt and I found a $5 pair of cowboy boots on a resale site and we were sold!  She was excited to ride the ponies, wear her boots and eat hot dogs.
 
 
She has always called this hat her cowboy hat even though it is obviously not a cowboy hat.  So, of course she had to wear it too.
 
 
Happy and excited to go to school.  I don't think I have talked about her school to much but I have really liked it and so has she.  She is always excited to go, loves her teachers and her friends and has really learned a lot too.  Sometimes it surprises me what she will tell me weeks after it has happened at school.  One day she even asked me,"Momma what comes after yellow in the rainbow? "  I went over the computer and she was "painting" a rainbow and already had red, orange, and yellow.  I was shocked!  Her handwriting has improved so much and she is always wanting to write words nowand asking me what things say.  Her artwork that she comes home with she is very proud of.   I really feel it has been a good balance of play and learning.  Anyway, she loves learning and I hope that it stays that way.
 
Her in front of the ponies before school.  I didn't go and watch her ride them because Mckenzie and I already had planned to go to a play group.  Plus, I think it is ok for her to enjoy a few things at school without me. :)  

No comments: