Friday, January 25, 2013

LLLuckily I am finished!

 
I am going to toot my own horn for a bit. Ha!  As some of you know I have been working on becoming a La Leche League Leader for some time now.  It has invovled a lot of reading and meetings with other leaders but I am finally finished and now accredited!  So, now I will begin to take phone calls and lead meetings and help moms who want to breastfeed!
 
 
Daysh, Jen, Amy, Me, and Barrie!
 
LLLucky for me I get to have wonderful co-leaders to work with.  Barrie has been our fearless leader through it all.  When I first started coming to meetings we were all pregnant with our first babies.  I have learned so much through her and through other mothers.  Jen joined us from another group, Amy became a leader last year and Daysha just became a leader with me.  We are the best if I do say so myself. 
 
Anyway, I am very excited.  If you haven't noticed I have a great passion for seeing other mothers succeed at breastfeeding.  A friend asked me if I would be hunting moms down and making them breastfeed! I just laughed.  This is not a witch hunt.  La Leche believes in helping moms who WANT to breastfeed and are seeking help. 
I alwasy tell moms to attend meetings while they are PREGNANT!  It really does make a difference to have a good support group.  Breastfeeding is not a walk in the park.  I often have people say to me, "You are so lucky that breastfeeding comes so easy for you.  It was not easy for me."  Yes, I feel blessed to have been able to nurse my children but I don't think that "easy" is the term that I would put on it.  In fact there have been times that it really sucked! HA!  What I was lucky to have was a wonderful group of women to support me and push me through the tough times so that I could give the very best to my babies.  So, find a group near you! http://www.lllusa.org/groups.php  If you live near me then come visit us! We have a fun great group of women!  http://texaslll.org/group/lake-ray-hubbard  When I typed this the website is under construction and the link isn't working but hopefully it will be up soon!
 
 

No comments: