Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cousin Harper's Visit

Cousin Harper came and stayed a night with us on her Spring Break.  Bailey and her had a great time playing together.  It was really quite cute! 


They played and played and played both days she was here.  If you have read my blog for a while you would know that Harper came "home" in December of 2010.  Wow, what a difference a little more than a year can make.  This girl has made such great progress in so many areas and I was very proud of her.


I am not going to lie.  I was a little nervous when I agreed to watch her because my sister tells me she can be a little crazy sometimes.  :)  I wasn't so much worried about just keeping up with her but being able to keep up with her and Bailey and MCkenzie as well.  Now, I don't know what I was so worried about she was a great little house guest and they all played nicely with each other.



THis is just one of the examples of how much progress she has made and how much confidence she has gained.  This is some little jungle gym thing up at the elementary by our house.  She did the whole thing.  I did stand behind her when she climbed up those little step things because I didn't want her falling off on my watch. 

It was a great visit and hopefully she will come back and visit soon.  My heart felt so full of happiness and warmth to see how far she has come.   When I tucked her in that night she was so tired and I asked her if she wanted me to sing her a song.  "YES!" she said.  So I sang the usual bedtime song around here of Twinkle, Twinkle little star and rubbed her hair just like a do Bailey every night.  I was so happy she is now in an enviroment to thrive like she is doing but I also wondered how many nights she has gone to sleep with no one to really tuck her in.  Far to many my friend.  So, I shed a few little tears and kissed her good night.  Harpie, there is only better things to come! 

1 comment:

Mommy's Journeys said...

Thanks, Sister, again for allowing her to come. Knowing that she was cared for and that I didn't have to worry was a HUGE relief for me! AND, she had a great time! She was ready to come again the next week! Thanks to B and Mc for sharing you too!